Have you ever thought about the fact that you can cut down on plenty of calories just by making a ‘real’ veggie pasta?
Poor your favorite cooked pasta sauce on top and … you’re done!
How simple is that?
For a simple pasta sauce take:
- ½ Teesp coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes (washed and chopped)
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (or cook 1 kg fresh ones and remove skin and and seeds)
- 3 Tablsp tomato purée
- ½ cup fresh basil (washed and chopped)
- Ground pepper for taste
How to do it:
- Heath up coconut oil in large pot.
- Add onions and gently cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat. Stir regularly.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste
- Add basil and pepper
- Bring all to boil, then simmer for ~ 10-20 minutes (stir regularly)
Tip: Don’t forget to cook your veggies!
Enjoy, and …