I think any form of meditation is a fantastic idea to help us lose weight.
- Meditation gives our body time to relax. (I think we all know how stress can increase our appetite, don’t we?).
- Meditation releases “happy hormones” which are great for our body, for healing … and they are well known for making us eat less. Plus they usually make us eat healthier food rather than stuffing ourselves with the all to common “unhappy junk food”.
- During the process of your meditation you usually don’t (or should not) eat. (That gives us at least some time without food). Therefore, the more we meditate, the less we eat.
But does it always have to be professional?
I always belief that a good start is: Doing “something”!
For me meditation can come in many different ways:
- Starting by taking a few minutes sitting in the garden or a park and listening to the birds or watching the trees be blown in the wind.
- With taking a few minutes consciously soaking up the warmth of sun.
- With a walk in the forest and consciously breathing in the fresh air.
- A walk on the beach or on soft grass and feeling the sand or grass under my feed.
- Taking few minutes to stop and say “Thank You” for the beautiful things around me.
Saying ‘Thank you’ for all the wonderful things …
I can see …
I think a great part of meditation is to: STOP taking things for granted and START to appreciate the unique gift we have. OUR BODY!