I hope you have all tried last week’s brilliant gourmet pumpkin recipe!
If not yet, here are some facts about pumpkin that should convince you to use it straight away.
- Has a water content of about 85-90 %. Witch means it’s a great food to help you lose weight!
- It’s a starchy vegetable with very little carbs.
- Has half the calories of potatoes!
- Here comes the treat! Pumpkin has huge amounts of antioxidants!
- It greatly benefits our lungs and respiratory system and protect us from lung cancer.
- It reduces the risk of getting arthritis!
- It protects our eyes from macular degeneration and therefore protects us from going blind when growing older!
- Pumpkin protects us from many cancers, especially the risk of prostate cancer!
Tip: I enjoy the occasional small cut pumpkin cubes raw in my salad. It also tastes great cooked, baked or as pumpkin soup.
Any excuse for not having pumpkin as part of your next meal? –You better put a reminder to buy some on your shopping list straight away.