If I was a master chef, I’d certainly recommend this one! Plus, guess what?
It’s healthy and helps you, your partner and your friends shed some kilos as well.
For a serving of 2 take:
- Coconut oil
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- ½ cucumber (washed and finely diced)
- 2 tomatoes (washed and finely diced. Don’t use the watery parts in the middle)
- 1 red capsicum (washed and finely diced)
- ~ 450 g butternut pumpkin (cut in small cubes, pre cook or steam for about 4 minutes)
- 3 gloves garlic (crushed)
- ½ cup fresh basil (chopped)
Prepare the lot:
- Brush a large frying pan with little coconut oil. Add onion and slowly cook for 8-10 minutes (under stirring).
- In the meantime. Heat up 2 cups of water in large saucer. Add dates, 1 small tsps coconut oil and spices, bring to boil. Add 2 cups couscous. Stir, take off the heat, cover and let stand.
- Add crushed garlic to the onion, stir well and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add all veggies (including pre cooked pumpkin), mix well and cook all for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve your veggies on a bed of couscous and … enjoy!
If you need a desert: Try some sliced banana with grapes and crush a few walnuts on top.
Would you like to know why pumpkin is a great food to help you lose weight? Stay tuned, follow, subscribe or simply read my next blog.