Let’s keep it simple! I love my salads and in case you are short of time, they are always the simplest as well as the healthiest meal to make … and they help you shed some kilos, as well.
Try this whenever you are in a hurry: (Serves 1)
- A bag mixed salad leaves (washed)
- 2 handful coleslaw salad mix (washed / without dressing)
- Handful cherry tomatoes (washed and halved)
- ½ can baby beetroot (drained and halved)
- Small handful walnuts (cut in quarters)
- 1 small Tbl spoon Flaxseed oil
- 1 Tbl spoon water
- Ground pepper for taste
- Mix lettuce and coleslaw up with seasoning in a large bowl; add cherry tomatoes, beetroot and walnuts on top!
Tip: Enjoy for a quick lunch as it is or with brown rice, couscous or a wholemeal roll for a filling meal.
Do you want to know why to chose walnuts for your salad? Check out next weeks blog.