I hope you all have tried last week’s big treat? If not – it’s time to do so! Why?
You want to find out what pumpkin and red onion can do for us …
- Belongs to the starchy vegetables which are known to be very healthy for us.
- Pumpkin has half the amounts of calories than potatoes with a high water content and therefore is a great choice if you want to lose some weight.
- Has fantastic antioxidants which especially benefit and protect our eyes.
- Pumpkin is one of the orange / yellow coloured vegetables that are known to protect our eyes from macular degeneration.
- Pumpkin is known to protect our body from cancer, especially from prostate cancer.
- Pumpkin is also known to help protect our body from heart disease and to keep our lungs healthy.
- The red colour comes from superb powerful antioxidants which protect our body from heart disease, diabetes and cancer (especially stomach cancer).
- Onions are well known to be very good for our lungs and respiratory system.
- Minerals in onions are known to protect our body from insulin resistant diabetes and to support weight loss.
If this is not convincing enough for you, I can’t help it.
Enjoy a treat every day! In my eyes pumpkin and red onion are very special treats.
Take care of your body – it’s worth it!