What a marvellous idea is using a wok for cooking your well deserved dinner after a busy day. I think it is one of the quickest and tastiest options to treat your body with a boost of vitamins and antioxidants, fibre and plenty of other good stuff your needs to stay healthy and lose weight at the same time.
Here comes today’s stir fry recipe …
- Small broccoli
- Small half cauliflower
- 2 carrot
- Some sliced cabbage
- 2 small tbl spoon cashew nuts
- Small pack of vegetarian stir fry sauce (if you can’t make your own)
- Extra small can of coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tbl spoon corn flower (optional)
What to do:
- Wash veggies thoroughly and cut into biteable pieces
- Heat up a small, small tsp of coconut oil in your wok
- Add the vegies and heat them up for a few minutes under stirring
- Add the cashew nuts
- When the vegies are hot, add the sauce as per instructions
- Heat the lot under stirring for a few minutes
- Optional : Add a tiny can of coconut milk to the above
- Optional: If your sauce is very thin, take a few spoons of the sauce out, mix with a table spoon of corn flower and poor it back in.
- Keep stirring till your food is ready
Serve on a bed of rice (preferably wholegrain).
Serve with candle light a bottle of chilled water and enjoy it slowly. That way it can be your perfect romantic dinner.
Skip the ice-cream desert. After this wonderful dinner you don’t need any desert. In case you still want something to nibble? Continue the romance and share a bowl of fresh fruits like grapes, cherries or a mango … the variety is huge!
Interested in some information about cashew nuts? Read my next blog …
Please take care of your body – it’s worth it!