Most kids love their ‘often plain’ pasta with whatever sauce, true? With a little trick this can easily be turned into a much healthier meal and reduces the calories at the same time.
What to do:
- Cook half pack wholemeal pasta according to instructions
- Wash the veggies thoroughly. If you need to peel the carrots use a vegetable peeler.
- Defrost frozen peas as per instruction
- Briefly cook or steam the veggies (cook no more than 6 minutes)
- Drain veggies and mix them with your kids (or adults) favourite pasta sauce.
- Mix all with the wholemeal pasta on low heat
1. Many vegetables like carrots for example have most of their nutrients and flavour in or near the skin, therefore it’s often preferred not to peel them.
2. Your kids want the standard pasta dish? Why not tell them that veggies and wholemeal pasta makes them smart. Is there any kid out there who doesn’t want to be smart?
3. Why not use some other veggies for your pasta next time? The variety is huge!
Take care of yourself and your kids