Remember: Not every oil is the same!
In my author talks we usually talk a lot about oil and fats and one of my favourite oils is Flaxseed oil.
Flaxseeds, also known as Linseeds, are known to be even richer on omega 3 fatty acids than fish oil.
These omega 3 fatty acids are important for the health of our whole body. Unfortunately though, our “Western Diet” does not come with much of these highly needed fats and therefore many of us are deficient in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Are important for a healthy brain function. Always remember: Our brain consists largely of specific fats and our diet has a huge effect on our brain. Keep your brain healthy for longer!
- Are known to affect our mood and behaviour and can even be helpful in treatment of dementia.
- Increases our metabolic rate and makes weight loss easier.
- Are known to prevent Atherosclerosis
- Help lower Cholesterol levels and prevent cardiac disease and stroke.
- Are known to strengthen our bones and nails.
These are a few reasons why Flaxseed oil is one of my favourite oils. Will it be yours too?
Tip: Add some flaxseeds to your next salad. It’s an exciting, crunchy and healthy addition.