Do you get cold and hungry on a cool winter night?
Here is a simple warming and low calorie dinner idea. To start ….
- Brussels sprouts
- Snow Peas
- Can of lentils
- Sesame oil, curry powder, pepper
Add or swap with whatever veggies you like or are in season.
What to do:
- Take the Brussels Sprouts, trim a bit of the stem and remove outer brown or yellow leaves, wash thoroughly and cut in halfs
- Take skin of potato, wash and cube
- Wash Cauliflower, carrots and snow peas and cut into “biteable pieces”
- Cook or steam the lot for no more than 6 minutes
- Drain a can of lentils and heat them up or cook your own.
- Drain veggies when cooked and mix with the heated lentils
- Add a little sesame oil and your preferred spices for example some curry powder and pepper
Brussels sprouts have always been a ‘hate’ food for many people. This manly stems from the times where vegetables were cooked for long periods and often ‘cooked to death’. Unfortunately, for Brussels sprouts this wasn’t a good option. Try them only briefly cooked (max 6 minutes), lightly steemed or even raw in your salad.