Did you know that:
- Oranges are full of Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that protects your body from aging and many harmful diseases
- Oranges strengthen our blood capillaries and prevent varicose veins
- Oranges give you healthy skin and healthy hair
- Oranges are high in Calcium which gives you strong bones and theeth (who said that milk is the stuff to have to get your calcium from…?)
- Oranges prevent heart disease
- Oranges are an energy food
- Oranges are a great choice of food but should not be overdone as they contain a lot of sugar
When you get the feeling that you may have caught a cold, have an orange sprinkled with shredded coconut for breakfast for the next couple of days. Coconut is known to be one of the ‘superfoods’ and a big boost for your immune system. Together with the protecting goodies from oranges it’s a great help to fight any cold or flu. – … it certainly works for me.
Take care of yourself – and your body!