Hope you’ve all tried last weeks ‘Gourmet Veggie Bowl’. If not, now it’s your chance to find out why you should.
Many vegetables are very well known for their health benefits. Here are two examples from last weeks ‘Gourmet Weight Loss’ & Slimming Recipe’.
- It is good help for various kidney and bladder problems.
- It helps lower high blood pressure
- It is known to prevent cancer
- It is known to strengthen our blood vessels
As with all good things: Please do not overdo. Asparagus does have a very helpful diuretic effect but in large amounts your kidneys might become a bit worked up. More than 50-100gm daily is not recommended.
- High in fibre,
- High in for our body important calcium, iron magnesium, manganese, and potassium
- High on Vitamin A, Vitamin B1,B6 and B12
- High in antioxidants which prevent our bodies from many diseases including heart disease and cancer
- It is common for green beans to be eaten but raw they are mildly toxic. They’re not highly toxic and many people eat them raw for the taste and health benefits with no side effect. Therefore if you want to eat them raw a few beans in a salad are probably fine, but don’t have them raw in large amounts. Boiling for 6-10 mins is known to destroy the toxic compounds. So if you are a bit worried – briefly cook your green beans before eating.
Always remember that yellow and green vegetables are good for your eyes and are well known to help protect them from Macular Disease.
Take care of your body – It’s worth it!