In addition to last weeks ‘Gourmet Healthy Pasta Recipe’ here comes some more information on a fantastic vegetable.
- It is very high in potassium and iron.
- It is very high in the for our bodies very important folic acid.
- It is high on Vitamin K and great food for our brain and nerve cells.
- It is well known for it’s blood cleansing effect and to help lower blood pressure.
- It carries vitamins and antioxidants and is well known for its protective benefits for our eyes, especially to protect them from cataract and Macular Disease.
- It is well known to promote healthy skin and prevent wrinkles.
- It is like many other vegetables high in fibre which keeps our digestive system healthy and helps prevent many diseases including cancer.
- It is known to protect our body from diseases like atherosclerosis cardiovascular disease and stroke.
What do you think? Is spinach a good choice? – I love it!
Tip: Raw baby spinach mixed with some grape tomatoes always make a good and quick salad. Add little (preferably cold pressed) olive oil mixed with water and ground pepper.
Have a great day