Weight loss seems to be a struggle for most of us. Believe me: It can be much easier than most of you think.
Here are a few tips that can help you:
- If you feel hungry: Think about other reason that might make you think you are hungry. Have some water – you might be thirsty. Brush your teeth – that gets rid of some taste that might make you hungry. Have a nap – you might be tired. You might just be bored: Clean up your desk or your kitchen. Do some gardening or go for a walk. Make a list of ‘things to do’ when you get the ‘hunger’ feeling.
- If you lack willpower: Think about the reason why you want to lose weight and write them down. If you have indulged don’t be upset. Accept it (we all have set backs), learn from the experience and do it better next time.
- If you can’t lose weight: Think about what you actually eat, especially think about all those little snacks and drinks between your meals. Write them down if you can. Try it if only for a few days (I know how annoying this task can be). The snacks and drinks we have between meals can sometimes add even more fat to our tummies than the main meals. If you need a snack – choose a healthy one like a salad or some fruits and choose water as your preferred drink if you are thirsty.
- If you think you have a slow metabolism: There are many ways to increase your metabolism. Do exercise! Walk, cycle, leave your car at home or park it some blocks away and walk to work. Go to the gym! Do some exercise that make you feel good. Do something you like: Dancing, Table-tennis, swimming or aqua gym and there are many more options to choose from.
- If you think you are too busy to do exercise: Remember that the most important thing in our life is our body! It’s our body that sticks with us our entire life and it’s mostly up on us how well we keep it functioning! Take every opportunity to exercise. Start with walking up the stairs instead of taking the lift and walk to the shops instead of taking the car or the bus.
Take care of your body – it’s worth it!