When I recently moved to the Central Coast I joined the local walking group.
Do you actually know how beneficial regular walking is for our body?
- It burns calories and helps us lose weight
- It’s a great tool to strengthen our heart
- It prevents coronary heart disease and lowers high blood pressure
- It prevents diabetes 2
- It is known to help prevent many cancers
- It’s known to prevent osteoporosis
- It makes you look and feel younger and healthier
Doesn’t this sound like a great idea? Go out enjoy the beauty of our nature and do something good for your body. You might even have a great chat with your fellow walkers at the same time!
The Heart Foundation is offering walking groups or check with your local council for information.
If you can’t find a walking group — why not start your own and ask some friends to join you?
Let’s get out of our cars and moving again!
I love it