Welcome to the first nutrition session. I’m always excited to find out that what I eat is really good for my body. Let’s watch today’s breakfast:
It’s simple, it’s easy, it’s Watermelon & Blueberrrys …and it’s yumm …
Let’s see: What do we know about Watermelons?
- They are great seasonal fruits. Actually, if we look at watermelons from a scientific point, they are vegetables, not fruits.
- Watermelons contain about 6% sugar and 92% water and apparently every part of them is eatable even the seeds.
- They are packed with some of the most important antioxidants.
- They contain large amounts of beta carotene, folic acid, vitamin C, as well as many B vitamins.
- They are known to protect our bodies from cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and colon cancer.
- They contain large amounts of vitamins that are needed by the retina of our eyes.
- Did you know that the inner white or light green rind contains many nutrients? So even if that part tastes pretty bland it’s a great nutrition source for our bodies.
- Did you know that watermelon seeds are an excellent source of protein and are also rich of many minerals?
- Did you know that Watermelons are extremely cleansing and alkalising and are a great help to keep our body free from toxins and toxic waste?
What about Blueberries?
- They have the highest amount of antioxidants of all fruits. This makes them major fighters to protect our bodies from free radical damage.
- They reduce cancer risk, especially from colon and ovarian cancer and are known to decrease the growth of cancer cells.
- They protect our bodies from heart disease and can even help cure the disease.
- They are well known to lower cholesterol.
- They protect our eyes from visual loss. They, for example, protect our eyes from cataract, Macular Degeneration and infections.
- They increase our brain health. They make you think smarter and protect your brain from diseases like Alzheimer’s or dementia. They are even seen to reduce the symptoms and severity of these diseases.
- Blueberries are well known as a natural anti depressant.
- They reduce abdominal fat.
- They protect your body from urinary tract infection.
- They balance your bodies bowel function.
Here we go. What a great combination of powerful energetic health boosters. Sprinkle some muesli on top if you like and you have your perfect, simply made, very tasty, refreshing and healthy breakfast.