Remember my last blog about a fantastic cycling holiday?
Well, I’d like to have a quick look at why a cycling holiday is a great choice:
- It’s the best way to truly enjoy the country and our beautiful country roads.
- You can stop wherever you like, take photos or just enjoy the breathtaking views.
- It’s perfect for relaxation. Leave the busy city and working stresses behind and enjoy peaceful and quiet country or costal roads. Cycling relaxes the mind and gives it the holiday it deserves.
- It’s great exercise for your body. Use your holiday to do something good for your body to increase its fitness levels, health and strength.
- Cycling is good for your health, mental health and immune system! This means that it is a perfect rehabilitation for your whole body.
- It’s a great way to get healthy. Lose weight while you’re on your holiday! Feel that you truly deserve great meals instead of stuffing your body with ‘holiday food’ and heading back home with even more kilos on the scales than you had before you left.
- It’s cheap! Forget about your car and budgeting on expensive petrol.
- It’s great for the environment.
- Get in touch with nature. Watch the beauty of the country and its amazing and ever changing nature and wildlife. See wombats, eagles or wallabies in their natural habitat.
- It’s simple. No need for excessive holiday luggage.
- A cycling holiday is extremely rewarding and can easily turn into one of your most memorable experiences. Mine certainly are!
Tips for a cycling holiday:
- Make sure you have safety gear and a reliable bike
- Make sure you have the right bike to suit the road conditions
- Check the weather forecast and don’t’ forget your wet weather gear
- Don’t underestimate the power of nature and the mountains
- Don’t overestimate your fitness levels, find out rides that suit you
- How are your fitness levels? Do you need a health check before starting?
- Check your local cycle club for information, tips and safety guidelines
“The weather is never wrong – but you might have forgotten the right gear!”