I’ve just come back from a great bicycle ride to the beach for a swim. I love cycling and I always prefer cycling to any other form of transport.
As you might know by now, I love doing research. This time I found some very interesting statistics:
I found a study in Queensland that showed that “up to 30% of Australian children have low fitness levels while 60% have poor motor skills.”
Wow, this gave me a big wake-up shock and it made me think: How active are we adults? How active are you? Don’t our kids look up to us? Which means if we don’t move, for them it looks like the right thing to do?— And they don’t move either? Why don’t we walk or cycle more instead of taking the car or bus?
Why don’t we move more?
Why is cycling a great way to move?
- It burns a lot of energy which will helps you to get rid of your unwanted kilos and maintain a healthy body weight.
- It’s well known for it’s prevention of many diseases like heart attach, stroke or diabetes.
- You can easily increase your fitness levels.
- You’ll increase your muscle strength and tone which makes you look better and well trained. It will also strengthen your bones and body which helps preventing it from injuries.
- Cycling is fantastic for stress management. Find out yourself how much better you feel after a bike ride – for me it works wonders.
- It can often help to ease down pains because it’s a gentle way to move your body and can often loosen up stiff joints and muscles.
- It’s a great way to stay fit and spend time with friends.
- It comes with a great opportunity to meet new people and discover new places.
- It’s a fantastic simple and easy way to get around your local area.
- It’s an environmental friendly form of transport. Think of the future of our kids – don’t they deserve a healthy world?
- It saves money. Using a bike may even allow you to avoid buying a second family car.
- It’s much faster than you think. Avoid traffic jam’s, use bicycle ways and quite often you arrive even faster and less stressed at your destination than you would by car.
- You save a great amount of time by not having to find a parking space and you don’t have to join the petrol queue either.
- You avoid all those expensive parking fees.
- It gives you a fantastic opportunity to easily get around and explore your local area.
- It’s an easy way to visit friends or meet other locals. Why not call your friends and go for a ride together?
- It’s a great opportunity to discover new places.
- It’s a simple, very enjoyable and inexpensive way to stay fit.
- It’s a perfect opportunity to enjoy nature. This is well known for easing down stress, anxiety and even depression.
- Make sure you have a safe and reliable bike.
- Make sure you cycle safe. Wear your helmet at all times.
- If you’re unsure or haven’t done cycling for a while get support from professionals and ask for training.
- Get help and information at your local council and local cycling club.
- If you feel unfit or haven’t done exercise for a long time, get a health check before jumping on your bike.
Well – there’s nothing I can think off ….
Find more helpful links and more information on my website: www.thinksmartandloseweight.com