Don’t we all love something sweet every now and then?
This tasty plant based recipe is suitable for vegans. You can also make a gluten free cake if flour, baking powder and oats used are Gluten free.*
- 1 cup spelt flour (or gluten free flour like rice flour)
- 1 cup shredded coconut + some to sprinkle on top
- 2 cups oats (or gluten free oats)
- 1 teaspoons baking soda (or gluten free baking powder like McKenzies Gluten Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 ripe bananas, slightly mashed
- ½ can coconut cream
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted almonds
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Use coconut oil to grease one large or two small loaf tin(s).
- Mix in a large bowl, flour, baking soda, coconut, oats, cinnamon and cardamom & set aside.
- Mash the bananas.
- Mix mashed bananas, coconut cream, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the chopped mango & chopped roasted almond.
- Mix all and pour into loaf tin(s). Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Tip: Get creative and swap the mango with other fruits like strawberries or blueberries.
*If you are allergic to Gluten make sure yourself that all ingredients you use are Gluten free.
This is a much better and healthier option than supermarket biscuits, chocolates or even standard cake mixes. Enjoy – and …